Google Search is infiltrated by torrent sites with some crafty SEO hacks. Google Looker Studio is hacked by cyber criminals for placing their malicious websites high on the result pages of the search engine, promoting pirated content, spam and torrents.
A technique known as SEO poisoning is used by the campaign. Using legitimate website copy, this method fills it with links that lead to these malicious sites. In the eyes of the search engine algorithm of Google, the links give the spam sites credibility which is enough for the tool to rank them high for some specific keywords.
Google’s datastudio.google.com subdomain is used by this specific attack.
FAKE BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE DOWNLOADS
Some crafty SEO hacks are infiltrated into Google Search by torrent sites. BleepingComputer says that multiple pages of Google Search results were found by it that were “flooded with datastudio.google.com links” after they were tipped off by a concerned leader. These links lead to websites that host pirated content such as current blockbuster movies like Black Panther : Wakanda Forever, Black Adam and similar, rather than leading to an actual Google Data Studio project.
Also, the victims will be first redirected a couple of times before actually landing on these pages.
SEO poisoning is often used by threat actors for improving their chances of landing malware onto more endpoints and is a known method.
Most of the time, this method is used for pushing torrent sites high on the result pages of Google for queries such as the latest movies, commercial softwares or computer games. Consumers looking to save a few dollars on games and software sometimes go on these shady sites that promise cracks and activators which would enable them to use their desired products without any payment for the licence.
Most of the time, these cracks and activators do not really work as they were advertised. All they do is distribute malware or viruses. These malicious programs can wreak all kinds of havoc from stealing sensitive data to installing crypto currency miners to deploying ransomware and rendering the devices completely useless.
For example, when one such search result was clicked on, it directed users looking to “download terrifier 2 (2022)” to bit.ly links. These links further redirect multiple times and ultimately land on spammy websites.
The keyword stuffing technique is used by the SEO poisoning campaign which is often considered to be a form of webspam for boosting rankings of these illicit domains.
- Torrent sites that use cunning SEO tricks have access to Google Search.
- The campaign employs a tactic called SEO poisoning.
- This specific exploit makes use of the Google subdomain datastudio.google.com.
- Torrent sites have hacked Google Search using some cunning SEO techniques.
- Additionally, before arriving at these pages, the victims will be forcibly redirected a few times.
- The majority of the time, these cracks and activators do not perform as promised.
- They merely disseminate malware or viruses.
- The SEO poisoning campaign makes use of the keyword stuffing method.
- is sometimes seen as a type of webspam that is done to help these illegal domains rank higher.
Read more about : Sony Might Put PS5s in Honda’s Electric Vehicles to Compete With Tesla